As for my pictures: “What you see is what you get”. No one else. It doesn’t get more personal. The art incorporated in the website says something about me as well. The art was bought from artist Margriet van Berkom (www.m-griet.nl). Put a man in a uniform or gown and suddenly, his chest blows up. He becomes a rooster. It’s a known phenomenon in my world. It often makes me smile. Relativity and humour are important to me. If appropriate, they are means to reach the essence of a case in addition to a proper analysis: “What’s important to my clients?” The trick is to keep that in mind and aim for that, together.
- A lawyer since 1 January 1992 (Banning Van Kemenade & Holland Eindhoven)
- 2019: Trained as a Mediator at Merlin Institute
- Co-owner of Van de Kam Advocaten in Boxmeer from 1997 to 1 June 2020
- From 1 June 2020: owner of Van de Ven Advocatuur and Mediation.
I’m a member of:
- VAAN Specialist Association (Dutch Employment Lawyers Association)
- Employment Lawyers Association Breda – ’s-Hertogenbosch
- Board of Discipline jurisdiction ‘s-Hertogenbosch
In the Field of Law Register of the Dutch Bar Association, I’m registered in the following main (and sub-)field of law:
- Employment law
Each year, based on this registration and in accordance with the standards of the Dutch Bar Association, I’m obliged to obtain ten study points in each main field of law for which I’m registered.
The initial contact is used to make a preliminary estimate of the request for assistance, usually by telephone. An initial answer is often reassuring. The agreements about my services are laid down in a contract. If so desired, I visit companies for a consultation. I do home visits as well, either in person or via video conferencing. The latter appears to be popular, as it cuts out travel time and you do not need to arrange a babysitter. Partners literally sit at the kitchen table and join the discussion in a familiar environment. Responses to judges or counterparties are submitted to you for approval before being submitted.