Privacy statement Van de Ven Advocatuur en Mediation
In this Privacy Statement, we inform you about how van de Ven Advocatuur and Mediation (“Van de Ven AM”) handles your personal data.
1. Contact details
Van de Ven AM is the controller and located in Boxmeer, the Netherlands. Postbus 111, 5830 AC. Van de Ven AM can be reached by telephone on +31 (0) 651538816 and by e-mail at Info@vandevenam.nl.
2. Whom does this Privacy Statement apply to?
This Privacy Statement applies to all persons whose personal data are processed by Van de Ven AM, with the exception of persons who work at Van de Ven AM. Personal data are all data that contain information about persons by which those persons can be identified.
This Privacy Statement applies to:
- clients of Van de Ven AM,
- prospective clients whom Van de Ven AM has contacted or wishes to contact,
- visitors of the Van de Ven AM website,
- recipients of newsletters and commercial e-mails from Van de Ven AM, and
- all other persons who contact Van de Ven AM or whose personal data are processed by Van de Ven AM.
- This Privacy Statement does not apply to employees, agency workers, temporary workers, student interns and applicants.
3. What personal data does Van de Ven AM process?
Van de Ven AM respects your personal data and ensures that the personal information provided to us or otherwise obtained is treated confidentially. Personal data are all information relating to a person. Data relating to someone indirectly are deemed personal data as well.
Processing personal data is taken to mean collecting, recording, organising, storing, updating, changing, retrieving, consulting, using, providing by means of forwarding, distribution or any other form of making available, bringing together, interrelating, as well as protecting, erasing or destroying your personal data.
We process personal data that you have provided to us yourself, personal data generated during your visit to our website and when reading newsletters and personal data that we have derived from other sources, such as corporate social media platforms and business cards.
Personal data provided by you:
- contact details and other personal data that are necessary to process your assignment,
- contact details and other personal data entered on contact forms or other web forms, and
- contact details provided during introductory conversations, events, seminars, etc., such as the information stated on business cards.
Personal data obtained through or generated by our website, electronic newsletters, commercial e-mails or related technologies:
- your surfing behaviour on the website, such as information about the first visit, previous visit and current visit, pages viewed and the way in which the visitor navigates through the website, and
- whether you open a newsletter or commercial e-mail and which parts of it you click on.
Personal data obtained from other sources:
- personal data available on corporate social media platforms open to the public, such as LinkedIn,
- personal data obtained from the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce, and
- personal data available on corporate websites open to the public.
4. What does Van de Ven AM use your personal data for?
Van de Ven AM uses your personal data for:
- The execution of an agreement in which you have instructed us.
If you instruct us, you will, in any case, be asked for your contact details. Other personal data too may be necessary for the handling of the assignment, depending on the nature of the assignment. Furthermore, the data are used to invoice the services provided.
- Fulfilling statutory and legal obligations.
- Collecting fees.
- Maintaining contact with you.
Your contact details are kept in EU customer relations management systems and can be used for, among other things, sending newsletters, updates, invitations to events and seminars and sending information that you have requested from us.
- Improving our product and service information and carrying out targeted marketing campaigns.
We think it is important to approach you with information that is relevant to you. To make this possible, we combine and analyse the personal data held on our records. Based on this, we determine which information and channels are relevant and which moments are most suitable for providing information or establishing contact. In the event of marketing campaigns, we do not process special personal data or confidential data for that matter. If we wish to create a personal, individual customer profile for you, we will ask for your prior permission to do so. You can at all times withdraw this permission later.
We analyse the following data:
- Interaction data: Personal data obtained from contact between Van de Ven AM and you. For example, about your use of our website or supported applications. This also applies to offline interactions, such as when and how often there is contact between Van de Ven AM and you.
- Behavioural data: Personal data that Van de Ven AM processes about your behaviour, such as your preferences, opinion, wishes and needs. We can derive this information from, for example, your surfing behaviour on our website, reading our newsletters or because you have requested information, but also through inbound telephone calls and e-mail contact with our employees. We only collect and use information obtained through tracking cookies with your permission, which permission you can always withdraw.
- Conducting and analysing surveys on client satisfaction. Sometimes, we ask clients to take part in a client satisfaction survey. This is completed by means of an online questionnaire. Participation is voluntary. Prior to each client satisfaction survey, you will receive further information about the method and the way in which we handle the information obtained.
- Improving and securing our website www.vandevenam.nl.
- Generating user statistics. Website user statistics enable us to get an idea of the number of visitors, the duration of the visit, which parts of the website have been viewed and click behaviour. It concerns generic reports, which do not contain information about individuals. We use the information obtained to improve the website.
5. Security level
We protect personal data, taking into account the state of the art, using appropriate technical and administrative security measures to minimise the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and modification. This includes security software such as a virus scanner and firewalls, a secure Internet connection, encryption of data and physical and administrative access controls to data and servers.
6. Retention of personal data
We do not store your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary for our purposes. If retention is subject to statutory regulations, the personal data will not be stored longer than prescribed by law.
7. Legal basis of processing
We process personal data on one of the following legal grounds:
- Permission obtained
- Based on an agreement or in the run-up to entering into an agreement
- Legal obligation
- In connection with a legitimate interest
A controller may only process personal data if this can be based on one of the full lists of legal grounds in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The four legal grounds which Van de Ven AM relies on are:
- Permission: If we have asked you for permission to process your personal data and you have given this permission, you always have the right to withdraw this permission.
- Agreement or in the run-up to entering into an agreement: If you instruct us to provide innovation or financing consultancy services, we will process personal data if and insofar as this is necessary for the execution of the assignment.
- Legal obligation: We only provide personal data to regulators and investigative authorities if this is required by law. In such cases, we will take steps that are reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data are protected as well as possible.
- Legitimate interest: We may also process personal data if we have a legitimate interest to do so, while not disproportionately infringing your privacy in the process. For example, we use your contact details to invite you to seminars and events.
We can engage service providers (processors) to process your personal data, which providers process personal data on our instruction only. We conclude a processing agreement with these processors in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For example, we work with service providers who offer SaaS solutions (software as a service) or hosting services. Furthermore, ICT service providers support us in keeping our systems safe and stable. We also use third-party services for sending newsletters and commercial e-mails. These are examples of parties that can be regarded as processors as referred to in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
9. Sharing personal data with third parties
Sometimes, we need to share your personal data with third parties. Depending on the circumstances of the case, this may be necessary when handling your file. Legal obligations sometimes mean that personal data are forwarded to third parties.
Cases in which personal data are provided to third parties include:
- When handling a file, your personal data may need to be shared with third parties. For example, when probing or requesting financing, or when entering into a multi-party agreement.
- If a court order obliges us to provide personal data to third parties, we have to comply with it.
- Your personal data are not shared with third parties for commercial purposes. There is one exception to this. Sometimes, we organise a joint activity with another organisation, such as an event or seminar. In that case, only the necessary contact details will be exchanged.
- Personal data may also be provided to third parties in the event of a reorganisation or merger of our company or the sale of (part of) our company.
We will never sell your personal data to third parties and we do not make automated decisions that can have significant consequences for you.
10. Transferring outside the (European Economic Area) EEA
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data may only be transferred to parties outside the EEA if an appropriate level of protection of personal data is guaranteed, or in the event of a specific departure.
We can pass on personal data to a party outside the EEA if this is necessary for the execution of the contract for services for the delivery of innovation or financing consultancy services.
11. If you have questions about your personal data
You can submit a request for access, correction, limitation, objection, portability of data, removal of your personal data or revocation of permission given previously via the contact details below. You will receive further notice from us within four weeks of receiving your request.
In order to ensure that we, in response to your request, provide the relevant personal data to the correct person, we may ask you to submit a copy of a valid passport, driving licence or ID for verification purposes. Van de Ven AM only processes requests that relate to your personal data.
For all these questions, please contact us at +31 (0) 651538816 or send an e-mail at Info@vandevenam.nl.
If you have a complaint about how we handle your personal data, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to Info@vandevenam.nl or, alternatively, by calling telephone number +31 (0) 651538816. We will be happy to help you find a solution within four weeks of receiving your request. If somehow we are unable to resolve the complaint, you can always contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Developments are fast which means that the personal data we ask of you have may have changed, as well as the manner in which we use your personal data. Regulations can also change. In that case, we will adjust this Privacy Statement. We therefore ask you to regularly check the Privacy Statement so that you remain informed. In the event of any drastic changes, we will also notify thereof via our website.